Taegio, Ambrogio
(807 words)

[Ambrosius Taegius de Rognonibus, Ambrogio Taeggio, Taeggi]

ca. 1461- after 1523. Ambrogio Taegio was part of the first generation of friars of the priory of S. Maria delle Grazie in Milan, founded in 1463. He became a Dominican friar on May 22, 1488, and never left S. Maria delle Grazie again. We last hear of him in the book of revenues of his priory on 7 July 1523. He devoted his whole life to collecting the memories of his Order.

Taegio's work is quite impressive, including in its title, Monumenta Ordinis, which consists of three main treatises and a collection of documents, all f…

Cite this page
Nocentini, Silvia, “Taegio, Ambrogio”, in: Encyclopedia of the Medieval Chronicle, Edited by: Graeme Dunphy, Cristian Bratu. Consulted online on 20 November 2017 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/2213-2139_emc_SIM_191971>
First published online: 2016



▲   Back to top   ▲