(Αἰγιάλη; Aigiálē). One of the poleis of this island was situated in the north of Amorgos (Steph. Byz. s. v. Ἄμοργος; Ámorgos). Remains of the sprawling town were found in the villages of Tholaria and Langada. Known as Giali in popular tradition, the place is today once again called A. (coins: HN 481).
Kalcyk, Hansjörg (Petershausen),
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 26 November 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e109680>