Grove of oaks (aesculus) in Rome, to whose branches the coronae civicae were bound. It lay in the western Campus Martius, opposite the island in the Tiber, by the Lungotevere Cenci.
S. Panciera, Ancora tra epigrafia e topografia, in: L'Urbs. Espace Urbain et Histoire, 1987, 62-73.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Galsterer, Hartmut (Bonn),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 28 June 2022 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e106170>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510