This item can be found on the following maps:
Aetolians, Aetolia | Acarnanians, Acarnania
(Ἀγρίνιον; Agrínion). Originally an Acarnanian town, in 314 BC under Cassander synoikismos of the Derieis in A., then, after capture by the Aetolians (Diod. Sic. 19,67 f.), it became a member of the Aetolian koinon (several strategoi hailed from A.). Remains of the town (walls, stoa, houses) localized near Megali Chora, 3 km north-west of the modern A. (regional museum).
C. Antonetti, Les Étoliens, 1990, 23…
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Strauch, Daniel (Berlin),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 08 August 2022 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e108770>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510