Hill covered with settlements, located in northern Cappadocia to the south-east of Boghazki. Excavations in 1930-32 under H. H. von der Osten. These revealed, for the first time in Chalcolithic central Anatolia, continuous settlement histories from into Byzantine times . Chronologically of importance is the post-Hittite-‘Phrygian’ layer of Alişar IV with ceramics in the style of silhouette-like animals [1. 1-10; 3].
1 E. Akurgal, Phryg. Kunst, 1955
2 H. H. v. d. Osten, The Alishar Hüyük, OIP 29-30, 1937
3 G. …