(Ἀναία; Anaía). Coastal town in Ionia to the north of the Mycale mountains at and near the Byzantine fortress (12th/13th century AD; [3. 65-74]), now called Kadıkale, where  found pottery from the 10th-3rd cent. BC. When the Athenians conquered Samos in 365 BC, A., as part of the peraia of Samos , was used by the Samians as a place of refuge [1. 44 f.].
2Z. Mercangöz, Kuşadası, Kadıkalesi Kazısı, in: 24. Kazı, Araştırma ve Arkeometri Sempozyumu, 2003
3W. Müller- Wiener, Mittelalterliche Befest…
Cite this page
Lohmann, Hans (Bochum),
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 13 December 2018 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e12219300>