(Ἀγγείαι; Angeíai). Town in south-east Pindus within the settlement area of the Dolopes, probably close to the modern Rentina. From the 2nd cent. BC, A. outmatched the main town of Ctimenae in importance. In the course of the Second Macedonian War, it was captured by the Aetolians in 198 BC (Liv. 32,13,10), but continued to exist (cf. Syll.3 692,10 of 130 BC).
Y. Béquignon, La retraite de Philippe V. en 198 et l'incursion étolienne en Thessalie, in: BCH 52, 1928, 445 f.
F. Stählin, Das hellenische Thessalien, 1924, …