One of a line of Roman outposts north of Hadrian's Wall near the modern High Rochester. Established by Agricola (AD 77-84), the camp was renovated by Lollius Urbicus (AD 139-142), and again restored under Septimius Severus and Diocletian [1. 242-244]. CIL VII p. 178f.
1 E. B. Birley, Research on Hadrian's Wall, 1961.
D. J. Breeze, The Northern Frontiers of Roman Britain, 1961, 138f.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Todd, Malcolm (Exeter),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 20 January 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e219830>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510