This item can be found on the following maps:
Town by the Arar in Gallia Lugdunensis, today Chalon-sur-Saône. As a river port of the Haedui, C. was of economic importance until the conquest by the Romans. Literary sources: Caes. B Gall. 7,42; 7,90; Str. 4,3,2; Ptol. 2,8,12. In later times, station of the classis Ararica.
L. Bonnamour, s.v. Cabillon(n)um, PE, 179f.
Grenier 2, 1934, 562-564.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Lafond, Yves (Bochum),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 27 May 2019 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e222400>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510