Town in southern Epirus, from 167 BC independent of the Epirote koinon. By means of a border agreement (SEG 35, 665; c. 160 BC) located to the north-west of Ambracia, near the modern Palaia-Philippias; Pol. 4,63; 21,26.
Port and river (FGrH 1 Hecat. fr. 265) in Cilicia Tracheia, the…
Cite this page
Strauch, Daniel (Berlin),
Tomaschitz, Kurt (Vienna) and
Lohmann, Hans (Bochum),
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 01 August 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e231400>