(Κόνδυλον; Kóndylon). Fortification in the southern Olympus on a bypass around the valley of the Tempe that runs through Gonnus, probably to be equated with Gonnocondylus, and located near modern Tsurba-Mandria. When Philip V released Perrhaebia in 196 BC, he kept C. with the place name Olympias until 185 (Liv. 39,25,16). A garrison of Perseus was stationed in C. in 169 BC during the Third Macedonian War.
Kramolisch, Herwig (Eppelheim)
B. Helly, Gonnoi, 1973, Index
F. Stählin, Das hellenische Thessalien, 1924, 8f.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Kramolisch, Herwig (Eppelheim),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 21 March 2023 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e619490>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510