Brill’s New Pauly

Get access
Search Results: | 71 of 92 |

Crumerum
(129 words)

[German version]

Military camp and vicus on the Danube embankment road east of Brigetio in Pannonia superior, now Nyergesújfalu (Komárom, Hungary). The site was established at the end of the 2nd cent, and in the 2nd/3rd cents. was the base for the cohors V Callaecorum Lucensium (CIL III 3662-3664), in the 4th cent. for the equites promoti (Not. Dign. Occ. 33,30). Rebuilt in the period of Constantine and fortified with corner turrets (It. Ant. 246,2; 266,8; Not. Dign. Occ. 33,9,30; CIL III 3662-3666, 10602; Κοῦρτα in Ptol. 2,11,5; 15,4).

Bibliography

C. Patsch, s.v. …

Cite this page
Burian, Jan (Prague), “Crumerum”, in: Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry. Consulted online on 14 April 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e308160>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510



▲   Back to top   ▲