This item can be found on the following maps:
(Κύφαντα or Κύφας; Kýphanta or Kýphas). Spartan perioikic polis ( períoikoi ) on the east coast of the Parnon peninsula with an Asclepius sanctuary, already in ruins at the time of Pausanias, located in the bay with the mod. name of Kyparissi. Documentary evidence: Pol. 4,36,5; Paus. 3,24,2; Ptol. 3,16,10; 22; Plin. HN 4,17.
Pritchett 7, 1991, 146-149
A. J. B. Wace, F. W. Hasluck, East-Central Laconia, in: ABSA 15, 1908/9, 173.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Lafond, Yves (Bochum),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 25 September 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e626370>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510