(Εἰρεσίδαι; Eiresídai). Attic asty deme of the phyle Acamantis. One (or two) bouleut(ai). A plot of land owned by Plato in E. bordered on the river Cephissus to the west (Diog. Laert. 3,41), which probably formed the boundary of the demos. Therefore, E. was probably located west of the Colonus Hippios and north-west of the Platonic Academy (an epitaph from the 4th cent. BC of two dēmótai from E. was found in the north-west [1. 8 fig. 8]) between the Hodos Kephissou and the Leophoros Athenon.
Lohmann, Hans (Bochum),
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 14 December 2018 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e327660>