Brill’s New Pauly

Get access
Search Results: | 115 of 503 |

Epitalium
(50 words)

[German version]

(Ἐπιτάλιον; Epitálion). Town in Triphylia on the left bank of the  Alpheius [1]. References: Xen. Hell. 3,2,29; Pol. 4,80; Str. 8,3,12; 8,3,24. Archaeology: significant remains from Roman times.

Bibliography

Chroniques des fouilles, in: BCH 94, 1970, 996

E. Meyer, Neue peloponnesische Wanderungen, 1957, 50, 60.

Cite this page
Lafond, Yves (Bochum), “Epitalium”, in: Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry. Consulted online on 29 July 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e333510>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510



▲   Back to top   ▲