(Γέρμια; Gérmia). Town on the northern edge of the Dindymon in Galatia II, modern Gümüşkonak (previously Yürme; different ); attested from 553 as a suffragan diocese, then as an archdiocese.
1 M. Waelkens, Germa, Germokoloneia, G., in: Byzantion 49, 1979, 447-464.
K. Belke, G. und Eudoxias, in: W. Hörandner, Byzantios. FS H. Hunger, 1984, 1-11
Belke, 166-168, 247
Mitchell II, 129.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Strobel, Karl (Klagenfurt),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 13 July 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e422650>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510