Near the modern village of Hagia Irini (HI) on the northwest coast of Cyprus there are remains of an ancient port, inhabited from the late Bronze Age to the middle Imperial period. On the altar of a sanctuary outside the town a large number of clay votives was found in situ.
E. Gjerstadt et al., Ajia Irini, in: The Swedish Cyprus Expedition, vol. 2, 1935, 642-824
L. Quilici et al., Rapporti di scavo ad Aghia Ir…
Cite this page
Senff, Reinhard (Bochum) and
Wittke, Anne-Maria (Tübingen),
“Hagia Irini”, in:
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 01 July 2022 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e501510>