(Λυδίας; Lydías). Navigable river in Macedon (supplied by the nowadays dried Lake Loudias), which connected Pella with the sea (Str. 7, fr. 20; 22). Mentioned already by Hecat. FGrH 1 F 147 and Scyl. 66. The mouth appears to have shifted to the north in antiquity, since Hdt. 7,127 reports a common mouth of the L. and the Haliacmon.
F. Papazoglou, Les villes de Macédoine, 1988, 101f., 125 map 2.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Errington, Robert Malcolm (Marburg/Lahn),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 06 August 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e713040>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510