(Παντ(ε)ίχιον; Pant(e)íchion). Harbour town and fortress south-east of Calchedon in the border region of Nicomedeia, the modern Pendik; already inhabited in Early History. According to Procop. Goth. 3,35,4, Belisarius owned a country estate there.
F.K. Dörner, s.v. P., RE 18, 779f.
R. Janin, Constantinople Byzantine, 21964, 502
Id., Les églises et les monastères des grands centres byzantins, 1975, 8, 52ff., 62.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Strobel, Karl (Klagenfurt),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 05 April 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e906330>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510