This item can be found on the following maps:
(τὰ Φάλαρα; tà Phálara). Town of the Malieis, port serving Lamia  on the Malian Gulf, probably present-day Stilida. Destroyed by an earthquake in 426 BC (Str. 1,3,20); after its reconstruction, it was again an important harbour town (cf. Str. 9,5,13).
E. Kirsten, s.v. P., RE 19, 1647
F. Stählin, Das hellenische Thessalien, 1924, 217f.
K. Braun, R. Scheer, s.v. P., in: Lauffer, Griechenland, 533.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Kramolisch, Herwig (Eppelheim),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 13 December 2019 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e917860>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510