Brill’s New Pauly

Get access
Search Results: | 15 of 30 |

Sinus Terinaeus
(72 words)

[German version]

(Τεριναῖος κόλπος; Terinaîos kólpos). Bay named after the port of Terina on the Tyrrhenian coast of Bruttium (Thuc. 6,104,2; Plin. HN 3,72; 95), modern Golfo di Santa Eufemia. Possibly identical [1] with the Kólpos Napētínos (Antiochus FGrH 555 F 3; 5), Lamētikós (Aristot. Pol. 1329b) or Hippōniátēs (Str. 6,1,4).

Bibliography

1 G. De Sensi Sestito, Tra l'Amato e il Savuto, vol. 1, 1999, 63-68, 214, 227-229.

Cite this page
Lombardo, Mario (Lecce), “Sinus Terinaeus”, in: Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry. Consulted online on 21 August 2019 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e1114060>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510



▲   Back to top   ▲