Iron Age hill fort in Somerset, used for a short time in the middle of the 1st century AD by the Roman army. Resettled and fortified in the late 5th century. Ceramics were imported from the Mediterranean, other goods from Gaul.
L. Alcock, Cadbury Castle, 1995.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Todd, Malcolm (Exeter),
“South Cadbury”, in:
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 05 August 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e1118130>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510