Sacred district in Rome at the extreme northwest of the Campus Martius on the Tiber (Rome III. D.; Paul. Fest. 440 f.: Terentum). It was there that the Sabine Valesius from Eretum is supposed to have landed and established a cult on the spot where he had discovered an altar to Dis Pater and Proserpina at a depth of 20 feet. The cult was the preserve of the Valeria gens. For the games in T. see Ludi (III. K.…
Cite this page
Uggeri, Giovanni (Florence),
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 20 April 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e1200690>