(Θρία/Thría). Large Attic paralia deme, chief town of the coastal Trittys (Trittyes), Oineis phyle, from 126/7 AD part of the Hadrianis phyle, seven (eight) bouleutaí; situated in the plain of Eleusis  named after T. (Thriásion pedíon) at modern Aspropyrgos (formerly Kalyvia) 5 km to the northeast of Eleusis (cf. ); an aqueduct led from the Parnes to T. IG II2 2500 (found in Eleusis) relates to an agora, to which the Thriasians and the Eleusinians had access. From T. itself there are no re…
Cite this page
Lohmann, Hans (Bochum),
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 12 December 2018 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e1212430>