City in Umbria (Umbri; Plin. HN 3,114) in the valley of the upper Tiber, modern Città di Castello; no remains survive; municipium of the tribus Clustumina (CIL XI 5939; 5942). T. was connected by road to Perusia and Arretium. Nearby there is a sanctuary in the oriental style; thermae at Rignaldello. A villa of Plinius  the Younger was to the north of T. (Plin. Ep. 4,1; 5,6; modern Colle Plinio near Lama, Selci).
R. Margherini Graziani, Storia di Città di Castello, 1890
D. Diringer, Edizione Archeologica della Carta d'It…