Fortified city in Numidia (Numidae; Tab. Peut. 3,5) on a hill dominating the Plain of Bahiret et-Touila to the southeast of Cirta, modern Aïn el-Bordj. Initially part of the colonia of Cirta, T. later became independent (curator, ordo are recorded). Bishops are recorded from 305 onwards (Aug. Epist. 43; Aug. contra Cresconium 3,27,30). Inscriptions: CIL VIII 1, 4817-4819; 2, 10162f.; 10819-10826; Suppl. 2, 18764-18782; AE 1957, 175.
AAAlg, sheet 17, No.340
F. Windberg, s.v. T. (1), RE 6 A, 957.