Brill’s New Pauly

Get access
Search Results: | 5 of 10 |

Timbriada
(90 words)

[German version]

(Τιμβρίαδα/Timbríada, Τυμβρίαδα/Tymbríada). Settlement in the northeast of Pisidia at modern Aksu (formerly Mirahor) in the region of the source of the Eurymedon [5], to whom as a river god a large cave sanctuary was dedicated [2]. In the Byzantine period a bishopric [3. 405]. Coin legends exclusively from the Roman Imperial period make the variously spelt place name certain [1. 49].

Bibliography

1 Aulock 2, 47-50

2 D. Kaya, S. Mitchell, The Sanctuary of the God Eurymedon at Tymbriada in Pisidia, in: AS 35, 1985, 39-55

3 Belke/Mersich,…

Cite this page
Brandt, Hartwin (Chemnitz), “Timbriada”, in: Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry. Consulted online on 26 July 2021 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e1214640>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510



▲   Back to top   ▲