Roman fort ( beneficiarii station?, approximately 296 m × 268 m) in Pannonia Inferior, station on the Sirmium - Carnuntum road (It. Ant. 267,7), modern Ságvár (megye of Somogy in Hungary). Finds of terra sigillata, cemetery (also with Christian burials). T. was still of significance in the 4th cent. AD.
TIR L 34 Budapest, 1968, 113
A. Moćsy, Pannonia and Upper Moesia, 1974, 305 f.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Burian, Jan (Prague),
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 07 August 2020 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e1220290>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510