(vulgarly also Vicoventia). Vicus (cf. CIL V 2383; XI 421) in Regio VIII (Aemilia; cf. Regio , with map). It flourished from the 1st cent. AD as an administrative centre of the saltus regionis Padanae Vercellensium Ravennatium (cf. ILS 1509). Documented from 431 AD as a suffragan bishopric of Ravenna (Petrus Chrysologus, Sermo 175).
G. Uggeri, Insediamenti, viabilità e commerci, in: N. Alfieri (ed.), Storia di Ferrara, vol. 3, 1989, 57-60.
▲ Back to top ▲
Cite this page
Uggeri, Giovanni (Florence),
“Vicus Aventia”, in:
Brill’s New Pauly
, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 15 November 2019 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e12204310>
First published online: 2006
First print edition: 9789004122598, 20110510