(Ξυνιάς; Xynías). Lake in a caldera of the Othrys (approximately 5 km × 7 km in size, up to 5 m in depth), named after the city of Xyniae on its southeastern shore, drained to the north, called Ezeros in the Middle Ages, and today dried up.
F. Stählin, Das hellenische Thessalien, 1924, 159 f.
Cite this page
Kramolisch, Herwig (Eppelheim),
Brill’s New Pauly, Antiquity volumes edited by: Hubert Cancik and , Helmuth Schneider, English Edition by: Christine F. Salazar, Classical Tradition volumes edited by: Manfred Landfester, English Edition by: Francis G. Gentry.
Consulted online on 22 November 2018 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/1574-9347_bnp_e12213860>