|Editor & Curator||
Vienna, Austria, 1994. folded poster, 9 pp., illustrations: 18 col., 21.3 × 21.3 cm (folded), 64 × 63 cm. (open). German.
Jüdisches Museum Wien (9 June–9 November 1994)
A display of ritual objects that were donated to the Museum by the Jewish Community of Vienna (Israelitische Kultusgemeinde). These items are all that survived from the formerly flourishing synagogues and prayer houses of Vienna, and were brought together after 1945. Their dual significance as art objects and as remnants of the Holocaust was conveyed in the exhibition, which contrasted well-preserved items with those that suffered extensive damage. Descriptive entries. 18 items.