|Translated title||The Three Synagogues. Places of Worship and Jewish Life in Livorno from the Seventeenth to the Twentieth Centuries. Tour of the Exhibition|
Turin, Italy, 1995. 121 pp., illustrations: 6 col., 72 b&w, 30.5 × 21 cm. Italian.
Casa della Cultura, Livorno (15 March–12 May 1996)
Photographs and archival documents illustrating the history of Livorno’s Jewish community and its synagogues: the modest, original Tempio Maggiore (1603); the enlarged and renovated Tempio Maggiore (inaugurated in 1789 and largely destroyed during a bombardment in 1947), and the new Tempio Maggiore (1962, the only synagogue built in Italy after the Holocaust). Catalog with five essays: “The Synagogue of Livorno: Jewish monument, public monument” (Michele Luzzati), “Jewish settlement in Livorno from its origins to the Emancipation” (Lucia Frattarelli Fischer); “The Synagogue of Livorno. A history of more than three centuries” (Ewa Karwacka Codini, Milletta Sbrilli); “Jews and cities from Fascism until the end of the War” (Catia Sonetti), and “Out of Memory? The reconstruction of the Livorno Synagogue” (1944–1962) (Patrizia Bonifazio). Numerous images and architectural plans of the synagogues and their interiors. No itemized listing.