|Author & Curator||
David and Jemima Jeselsohn.
Munich, Germany, 2013. Leaflet, 6 pp., illustrations: 3 col., 1 b&w, 24.8 × 20 cm. German and English.
Jüdisches Museum München (November 2013–March 2014)
A silver Hanukkah lamp from Halberstadt, 1713, owned by Samson Wertheimer and passed down through his family until its disappearance in 1938. The lamp was donated in ca. 1950 to the Central Synagogue, New York, and restituted by them to the Oppler (Wertheimer) family in 2007. In 2010 it was submitted by the Oppler Family for auction at Sotheby’s, and purchased by its current owners, David and Jemima Jeselsohn. Exhibition leaflet provides a history of the lamp and the details of its known provenance. 1 item.