In Volume 1-1: Qurʾānic Literature, History, and Biography | Section 2, History, Biography, etc.
previous chapter: 12.33 Būndēlk’hand
¶ § 1003. M. Hādī b. M. Mahdī known as Mīrzā Mahdī K̲h̲ān Ṣafawī has already been mentioned as the author of the Ḍiyāʾ al-ʿuyūn (p. 41 supra) and the Majmūʿah i Mīrzā-Mahdī-K̲h̲ānī (p. 408 supra).
- Qaḍāyā-yi salāṭīn i Dakan (a chronogram = 1156/1743), a history of the Deccan based mainly on Firis̲h̲tah and divided into seven bābs: Ethé 446 (only 1st bāb (Bahmanīs) and greater part of 2nd (ʿĀdil-S̲h̲āhs) to ah 1005/1596–7).
§ 1004. Lac̲h̲hmī Narāyan “S̲h̲afīq” Aurangābādī (see pp. 375–376 supra).
- Tanmīq i s̲h̲igarf (a chronogram = 1200/1786), a history of the Deccan dedicated to Richard Johnson: Ethé 447 (R. Johnson’s copy, received by him in 1788), 448.
Later edition (?) written ah 1203/1788–9:1 Rieu ii 859b (breaks off in an account of the Marāṭhās. Early 19th cent.).
§ 1005. Some information concerning M. ʿAbbās “Rifʿat” S̲h̲irwānī has already been given on pp. 177–178 supra. For his Sulṭān-nāmah and his Tārīk̲h̲ i Qaiṣar i Rūm see p. 331 supra.
- Bāg̲h̲ i c̲h̲ahār-c̲h̲aman, a short history of the Deccan (54 pp.) written in 1300/1882–3. Edition: place? date? (see Āṣafīyah iii p. 92 no. 1153).
§ 1006. Other works:
- Aḥwāl i g̲h̲araq i Mac̲h̲hlī-bandar, a brief account of an inundation at Masulipatam on 1 Jumādā i 1282/22 Oct. 1865, by G̲h̲ulām Zain al-ʿĀbidīn, the author of an account of the death of Nawwāb Afḍal al-Daulah Niẓām al-Mulk Āṣaf-Jāh on 13 D̲h̲ū ’l-Qaʿdah 1285/25 Feb. 1869 and the accession of Nawwāb Mīr Maḥbūb ʿAlī K̲h̲ān (see p. 596 infra): Ivanow Curzon 45 (1) (19th cent.).
- Jang-nāmah i Dakan, a detailed diary of the operations in southern India under Colonel Camac without author’s name or preface: Bodleian 282 (defective at end).
- K̲h̲izānah i Rasūl-K̲h̲ānī dar tārīk̲h̲ i Dakan: Āṣafīyah i p. 238 no. 606.
- Tārīk̲h̲ i Dakan, by Rāy Munnā Lāl. Edition: place? 1303/1885–6 (see Āṣafīyah i p. 224 no. 797).
- ¶ Waqāʾiʿ i Dakan, history of events in the Deccan in S̲h̲āh-Jahān’s reign: Blochet i 620 (18th cent.), Āṣafīyah i p. 258 no. 417 (possibly not the same work. ah 1287/1870–1).
next chapter: 12.35 The Bahmanids
^ Back to text1. This work (beg. Bar ḍamāʾir i āgāh-dilān) is without title or preface, but is conjecturally assigned by Rieu to Lac̲h̲hmī Narāyan on account of the substantial agreement of the chapter on the Marāṭhās with the Bisāṭ al-g̲h̲anāʾim.