In Volume 1-2: Biography, Additions, and Corrections | Section 2, History, Biography, etc.
§ 1583. For the Tuḥfat al-faqīr al-ḥaqīr and the Tuḥfah i Murs̲h̲idī of ʿUbaid Allāh b. ʿAbd Allāh al-Ḥusainī known as Murs̲h̲id b. Aṣīl, the former of which was written in 884/1479, see no. 1441 (1) supra.
§ 1584. Muḥammad, entitled K̲h̲awāṣṣ K̲h̲ān, Ḥanafī Qādirī Quras̲h̲ī Madanī1 Bījāpūrī was a contemporary of the Mogul Emperor Farruk̲h̲-siyar.
- Muhimmat al-muḥaddit̲h̲īn (a chronogram = 1128/1716), a short biographical dictionary of Ḥanafī traditionists: Āṣafīyah i p. 348 (= Nad̲h̲īr Aḥmad 95).
§ 1585. Walī Allāh b. ʿAbd al-Raḥīm Dihlawī was born in 1114/1703 and died in 1176/1762–3 (see nos. 35, 224 (Edition of the Arabic translation), 285, 1352 supra).
Āt̲h̲ār al-muḥaddit̲h̲īn: Āṣafīyah i p. 346 no. 81 (ah 1174/1760–1).
¶ § 1586. ʿAbd al-ʿAzīz b. Walī Allāh Dihlawī, who was born in 11592/1746 and died in 1239/1824, has already been mentioned as the author of the Fatḥ al-ʿAzīz (no. 40 (5)) and the Arabic work Sirr al-s̲h̲ahādatain (p. 223).
- Bustān al-muḥaddit̲h̲īn, a bibliography of works on the Traditions with biographies of their authors: Bānkīpūr viii 652 (mid 19th cent.).
Editions: Delhi 93/1876°* Lahore [1884*], [1893°].
§ 1587. Nawwāb M. Ṣiddīq. Ḥasan K̲h̲ān, who was born at Bareilly in 1248/1832 and died at Bhōpāl in 1890, has already been mentioned as the author of the Ifādat al-s̲h̲uyūk̲h̲ bi-miqdār al-nāsik̲h̲ wa-’l-mansūk̲h̲ (no. 48 (1)), the Iksīr fī uṣūl al-tafsīr (no. 48 (2)) and the S̲h̲amʿ i anjuman (no. 1226).
- Itḥāf al-nubalāʾ al-muttaqīn bi-iḥyāʾ maʾāt̲h̲ir al-fuqahāʾ al-muḥaddit̲h̲īn, a bibliography of works on the Traditions followed by biographies of traditionists: Cawnpore 1289/1872* (446 pp.).
§ 1588. Other works:
- Kitāb al-dīn al-mubīn fī s̲h̲arḥ uṣūl al-ḥadīt̲h̲ wa-bayān aḥwāl al-mas̲h̲āhīr min al-muḥaddit̲h̲īn, one (evidently the first)3 of the twenty-four volumes of the Rauḍāt i S̲h̲āhī (a work mutaḍammin i aḥwāl i buzurgān u dar aḥādīt̲h̲ u tafsīr wa-g̲h̲airah according to Raḥmān ʿAlī) composed in 1077/1666–7 by S. M. Jaʿfar Badr i ʿĀlam Aḥmadābādī Gujrātī b. S. Jalāl al-Dīn M. Maqṣūd i ʿĀlam, who was born in 1023/1614 and died, in 1085/1675 (see Raḥmān ʿAlī p. 214): Nad̲h̲īr Aḥmad 85 (M. ʿAlī Ḥusain’s library, Ḥaidarābād.ah 1077/1667, apparently autograph).
- Silsilat al-ʿasjad fī d̲h̲ikr mas̲h̲āyik̲h̲ al-sanad. Edition: place ? date ? (Āṣafīyah i p. 346).